Advisor in Denver mayor’s office fired over “serious misconduct” | Politics
DENVER — A prominent aide to Denver Mayor Michael Hancock has been fired as a result of “serious allegations of misconduct.”
Wayne McDonald was an advisor and special projects manager in the mayor’s office who worked for the city of Denver beginning in July 2011.
He’s also a close friend of Mayor Hancock.
“Serious allegations of misconduct were made about Mr. McDonald on or about May 16,” says the mayor’s press secretary Amber Miller.
He was fired May 21 following an internal review according to Miller.
The Denver Post reports rumors surfaced about inappropriate comments McDonald allegedly made in front of a female Denver police officer.
McDonald is also the girls’ basketball coach at Overland High School in Aurora.
Top East Denver Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Second boat accident in 2 days hospitalizes two people
- Safeway 5th Annual Media Bagging Challenge Competition Kicks Off Fundraising Campaign
- Old pipes made young again
- One-of-a-kind boutique opens March 24 in Cherry Creek North
- Denver announces the winners of the “I Heart My Purple Recycling Cart” photo contest