Advisor in Denver mayor’s office fired over “serious misconduct” | Politics
DENVER — A prominent aide to Denver Mayor Michael Hancock has been fired as a result of “serious allegations of misconduct.”
Wayne McDonald was an advisor and special projects manager in the mayor’s office who worked for the city of Denver beginning in July 2011.
He’s also a close friend of Mayor Hancock.
“Serious allegations of misconduct were made about Mr. McDonald on or about May 16,” says the mayor’s press secretary Amber Miller.
He was fired May 21 following an internal review according to Miller.
The Denver Post reports rumors surfaced about inappropriate comments McDonald allegedly made in front of a female Denver police officer.
McDonald is also the girls’ basketball coach at Overland High School in Aurora.
Upcoming Events near East Denver
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- School bus carrying 60 students in crash with car on Arapahoe Rd.
- Aurora police on ‘puffer’ patrol, owners of unattended cars ticketed
- Aurora Police on ‘puffer’ patrol, posting tickets on unoccupied running cars
- Aurora residents must now separate recyclables
- Slain DPS teacher’s daughter arrested on suspicion of killing her
- State: New background check law stopped 72 private gun sales to criminals
- Officials warn about partially frozen ponds
- Police release sketch of suspect wanted in fatal LoDo concert beating case
- Denver police looking for man who tried to abduct girl
- Coroner IDs man stabbed to death in Denver; Police have no suspects
- Brothers enter guilty pleas in quintuple homicide at Fero’s Bar
- Police on the lookout for BUI: Boating Under the Influence
- Gun groups rally, hand out high-capacity mags on eve of new law
- Second boat accident in 2 days hospitalizes two people
- Safeway 5th Annual Media Bagging Challenge Competition Kicks Off Fundraising Campaign